Brian Shannon, a veteran trader and author, discusses the following with SMB Capital while in NYC for the CMT Conference earlier this month:
- Short sellers can mess up a trend by selling a stock down to its 50-day moving average.
- When a stock breaks out to new highs, they want to sell some instead of getting excited like others.
- The personality of companies and how it affects their stocks.
- Evaluating at Docu over a decline period and putting it on Twitter when it touched perfectly at the year-to-date anchored VWAP.
- Understanding VWAP for Trading and how to use volume-weighted average price (VWAP) to identify when sellers are in control and when to short a stock.
Follow Brian on Twitter and check out Alphatrends. You can also find his new book, Maximum Trading Gains with Anchored VWAP, on Amazon, Google Books, Apple Books or Barnes and Noble.